2009年4月24日金曜日

Steak Contest: Japanese or American??

The American Contender
Japanese KuroWagyu Beef





I have decided to have a steak cook off. I bought two steaks; one American and one Japanese. Iwill eat one of the steaks for lunch, today. I will eat the other steak tomorrow. I bought two of the same cut of steak, that are similar in size and weight. I will cook both the same way with limited seasoning, salt and pepper only and serve it with the same salad and dressing.
Please compare the above pictures. In the blue corner we have a Japanese Wagyu Shoulder steak weighing in at a whopping 187 grams ( 6.7 ozs) and costing $16.15 (@100 yen to the dollar exchange rate) which equals a whopping $47.00 a pound. No joking :)
In the red corner we have the contender from America, an American Beef shoulder steak weighing in at 168 grams (6 ozs) and costing $3.32 at the same exchange rate as above which equates to roughly $8.00 a pound.
The steaks will be judged on a scale of 0-5 for the following; taste, tenderness, and cost.
I will announce the winner tomorrow.

2 件のコメント:

suzan さんのコメント...

I'm looking forward to the results!

匿名 さんのコメント...

So am I!