2009年5月14日木曜日

May 13th,2009




Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs with smoked cheese and salsa and a cucumber, tomato and broccoli sprout salad.

Lunch: spicy fish fillet and a green salad with a homemade vinaigrette.

Dinner: Hamburger steak and sauteed mushrooms and asparagus and miso soup.
Last night I went to a movie. On the way, I stopped by a Cosmo Drug store (like a Walgreen Drug Japanese version) to get some snacks for the movie. I picked up a 35 gram pack of cashews and 35 gram pack of almonds. As I was walking to the checkout stand I noticed a new kind of sugarless chocolate so I bought a box. I will write up a review for it today. Yes, I ate these after I published my menu for yesterday so I am noting those foods here :)
I seem to be in a good rut as far as the foods that I am eating and I am really trying to add more fish into my diet. Unfortunately, I don't care for most fish.. but there is nothing better than shrimp, crab, lobster and abalone, which are not the best for a LC diet and cost prohibitive. :( So I am trying to come up with ways to eat fish once a day. If any of you know of some good recipes let me know.
PS I went to Star Trek. For anyone that is in to Sci-Fi movies it was rather good. One of the better Star Trek movies that I have been to.


1 件のコメント:

Harry/JP さんのコメント...

LC,

It's not very creative but we really enjoy a simple fish and mash meal. I'm not a huge fish fan either. But I must say that well cooked salmon fillets on a bed of homemade mashed cauliflower is very satisfying and healthy too.

When I used to go to an office to work, my wife would often make me LC-friendly tuna or (canned) salmon salad and parmesan crackers (just parmesan cheese, no grains). I'd spoon the "salad" on to the crackers and I was good to go. Nice texture and very flavorful.

I hope you have a great day, amigo!