2009年5月4日月曜日

Kids are truly funny

Last night I was goofing around with my daughter and teasing here about her recent development of pimples. I was chasing her around the room and when I finally got my paws on her I was laughing so hard that my mouth was gaping open. Well, my child did the unthinkable act of stuffing the small piece of toast in mouth.. I was shocked and my own reaction shocked me even more! I darted over to the garbage and started spitting out the piece of bread as if it was poison. Once I felt that most of the intruding carb monsters that had entered my mouth had been dispelled enough, I made extra sure by going over to the sink and rinsing out my mouth and gargling water.

After, I finished.. I pondered, what the rush was and why I acted so quickly over small piece of toast. It was at that moment that I realized how committed I am to this new lifestyle and how big of part it plays in my life. My daughter on the other hand was acting rather sheepishly and started to apologize. She was almost on the verge of tears. So I asked what was wrong? She replied, "Dad, I did something really mean to you! You are being so good about your diet and I tried to make you break it just so you wouldn't pop my pimple."

I looked at her and she looked at me. Then we started laughing so hard it was unreal about the events that had transpired. I told her, "Well, I guess I won't try to pop any of your pimples!" and she said, "I won't try and sabotage your diet!" and all was good.

Then today, we are making cookies and I was experimenting with sweeteners, I made some cinnamon sugar out of splenda, LakantoS and another sweetener that is a mixture of sucralose and erythritol. I decided to give it the "Kid test!" so I told my daughter to make a piece of toast and bring it to me. She looked at me with a befuddled expression on her face and I said, "Really, Go make a piece of toast!" She left the room and made a piece of toast. She brought it into me and looked like she was about to cry.. I buttered the toast and then sprinkled the Cinnamon sugar over the toast and cut it into four pieces. Then I proceeded to give each of my children a piece of the piping Cinnamon toast. My daughter let out a huge sigh of relief, this time it was my turn to looked at my daughter with a befuddled expression.. and she said," Dad, when you said make me a piece of toast I thought you were going to give in on your diet! I thought about telling you "NO!" but I couldn't do it after what happened last night." I started to laugh saying, I thought we were over that?? She said, "Yeah, I know but.." I stopped her and gave her a big ole bear hug and said, " Emily, No worries! I love you and always will." All was good again as we munched on some fresh baked snicker doodles....

0 件のコメント: