2009年10月1日木曜日

October 1st, 2009 Weigh in...



Well, September flew by and the tides of Autumn are rolling in. I love the changing of seasons. Autumn is my favorite! Japan in Autumn is breathtaking, the colors of mountains turn from deep green to vibrant reds, yellows and gold! The seasonal food in Japan is also very tempting including mountain vegetables, fruits, Matsutake mushrooms, Sanma ( a kind of fish), Salmon,  Oden and various kinds of clay pot dishes. President Obama said, "We can change" my local mayor two years ago ran on a slogan of, "We will change!" and during this equinox change I must change some things as well!

 As you know I broke my rule of not weighing myself during mid month. The main reason I did this was because I felt something had slowed. Sure enough when I got on the scale it read the exact same as my previous weigh in two weeks before. So I switched things up a little and went more to a liquid diet for most of my meals and one regular meal per day.  Staying true to the LC lifestyle during this plateau! Oh my goodness! Yes, I hit my first plateau. All the sudden I questioned everything that I had been doing to lose weight with great sucuess for the past 9 months. The blasted scale doesn't move and I am thrown into panick mode.

Not losing any weight for several weeks was really depressing. At times I really wanted to give up! I also thought about changing my diet plan. My mind was on overload worrying about whether the scale was going to start moving again. In the end,  I am really happy to have been able to keep on working towards a healthy lifestyle while not going off the deep end and binging. I mean there were a couple times that I ate way too many nuts.. like last night when I ate 4 ozs of pistacios and 3 pringle potato chips and had a bite of my daughters Kit Kat. Actually, that was the worst binge in 8 months!! The other times were eating an extra ounce of nuts here or there. (that was the first bite of sugar chocolate in 9 months ; ( )

What caused the plateau?? I don't know! But here is my plan for October. Increase exercise to 30 minutes on a bike and about 2.5 miles per day walking. Also I want to make sure that I stay hydrated so I will be logging my water consumption.  Also, for thirty days I will not eat any nuts! On October 19th I plan on starting the 6 week Dr. Eades plan to see if I can make sure that I keep on the downward trend. I will post my results and I will post my weight on a weekly basis during the 6 weeks on the plan so you can see the results.

The most important thing in losing weight is staying positive and sticking what ever plan that you chose. Changing things up can be good. But must be done with great thought and planning and not on a whim. Now to the results for September. In the end the scale DID move in the right direction! I weighed in at 407.6 lbs. For a loss of 6.2 lbs.  Hopefully, next month will be better!

4 件のコメント:

Anne H さんのコメント...

Jimmy Moore his a plateau for 16 weeks or something like that. I had one for 8 weeks. I think it is "built in" to Low Carb. Natural response to such massive changes. Then *swoosh* it goes - some LC'ers even call this phenomenon the "Swoosh Fairy" because suddenly the plateau is gone.

So hang on - keep doing right - which we know you are. It takes time for your body to sort itself out.

Enjoy the Autumn days!

Low Carber さんのコメント...

hmm. you know I have always liked swooshes..be basketball swooshes, nike shoe swooshes or any other swoosh so hopefully this LC swoosh shows me some love :)

Anne, same to you enjoy those Texas Autumn nites..I would have said days but your too busy picking up big guys and exercising with them..LOL I must say quite an ingenius exercise regime :)

匿名 さんのコメント...

I like that Swoosh Fairy, but she doesn't like me very much.

I liked this post, and Oct 19th is the perfect day to start a plan... it's my birthday. LOL

Low Carber さんのコメント...

Sadekat hehe nice! My sons birthday is the 16th and my daughters is the 22nd so your right in the middle :)

As always..thanks Anne :)