First, I must apologize for the poor pics..the lighting was not the best... I got the inspiration for this cake from Yahoo. The recipe was sponsored by Splenda butI changed it almost entirely.. that is the ingredients are very diferent than the original.. Overall taste I am happy with.. but I wish the cake was less dense and lighter rather than pound cake like..I will continue to tinker to perfect this as I think it will become one of my favorite healthy desserts!!!!
Ingredients for Cake
1 cup of coconut flour
1 cup of your favorite sweetener ( I used Lan Guo)
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 coconut oil
10 eggs beaten
1 cup coconut milk
1 tsp lemon rind
1/4 cup freshly squeezed Meyer lemon juice or 1/2 tsp lemon extract
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Combine coconut flour, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
3) stir in coconut milk, eggs, lemon juice or extract, and lemon rind on low speed.
4) pour evenly into 2 8" round baking pans
5) bake for 25 -30 minutes cool cakes in pans for 10 minutes, then move to wire racks to cool completely
Ingredients for Custard
1 large can (16 oz) of coconut milk
2 T of lemon rind
1/2 cup of Bob's Sugarless Margarita Mix
Juice of 4 lemons
2 T of butter
1 cup of sweetener
1/4 tsp xanthum gum
1) mix the wet ingredients and xanthum together pour into a double boiler and bring the mixture to an almost boil...LOL
2) beat the eggs in a seperate bowl and add the hot liquid mixture to the eggs while stiring constantly to temper the eggs.. repeat several times then add the egg mixture back to the double boiler and and stir cosntantly until you get you desired consistency...will set up more as it cools..
Ingredients for Frosting
1 1/2 cup whipping cream
2 T sweetener
1 tsp lemon rind
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1) mix all the ingredients together and whip to very stiff peaks
To put it all together: spread teh lemon custard evenly between the cake layers. Cover the layers in whip cream and Enjoy!!
* I just ate another piece of this cake after letting it sit in the fridge for 24 hours.. WOW! 24 hours changed the texture to a cheese cake consistency..I don't know which is better before or after 24 hours..try it and tell me which way is better :)
will get the directions up asap...have to go for now..LOL
When I started this new lifestyle I was wearing 6XL shirts and size 66 pants(when I say "wearing" I mean I poured into those sizes. I am 6' 1" tall so I am guestimating 530pounds/ 240 kilograms.
My weight will be updated monthy. January 6th 2009 530 lbs February 2009 505 lbs March 6th 2009 485.8 lbs April4th2009 470.2 lbs May 1st 2009 458.2 June 6th 2009 448 lbs July 4th 2009 438 lbs July 31st 2009 427.6 lbs September 1st 2009 413.8 October 3rd 2009 407.6 lbs November 1st, 2009 400 lbs November 30, 2009 389 lbs December 22, 2009 376 lbs January 31st, 2010