2009年2月16日月曜日

Alfredo Pasta


1 cup broth ( fish or chicken)
1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk
2 oz/ 60 grams Camembert cheese( this is what was in my refrigerator...)
1 oz / 30 grams Parmesan cheese
2 packs shirataki (rinsed and drained)
1/2 tsp white pepper
1 tsp of garlic powder
1/8 tsp of all-spice
1/2 tsp of finely chopped fresh parsley

In fry pan combine everything but the shirataki and parsley and bring the mixture slowly up to a rolling boil and immediately lower the heat to low add the shirataki and simmer for 10 minutes. Just before removing from the heat add the parsley. The sauce will thicken more as it cools let stand for 5 minutes garnish with some Parmesan cheese and parsley and enjoy.

As always with my recipes please feel free to add or subtract or replace as needed. I made this for the first time today and I gave my kids a bite and they wouldn't give it back. I think many different ingredients can be added to make it to a different dish including artichokes, olives, sun dried tomatoes etc to make it even better or for variety. Most white cheeses will work Romano and Gorgonzola to name a few.

Makes one serving and nets you 6 grams of carbs

2 件のコメント:

Harry/JP さんのコメント...

Looks delicious. Plus, it passed the "kid test". That proves that it must have been tasty.

What did you think about the end result?

I'll bet some pancetta would work well in that dish too.

Low Carber さんのコメント...

To be honest i loved it. There is a little texture difference.. but it was kinda like a good aldente pasta. The sauce was rich and filling and more importantly good for me.

Absoltely, pancetta would definately add another layer of flavor. I am looking for some gorgonzola cheese and sun dried tomatoes if I find them I am going to try and create my favorite pasta dish "Bacon spezie".