2009年3月9日月曜日

Low Carb Baking?? Not for me...

You know on a low carb diet you can really eat well. Foods with flavor, character and panazz..

I love to bake. So for my sons birthday I tried my hand at doing it low carb. My first endeavor.. Key Lime Cheese cake.. which could be described best by my son.."Yuck!" was a major culinary disappointment. Lack of flavor, strange after taste etc.

So I try something new.. LC brownies.. I even loaded them up with Sugar Free Reese's peanut butter cups.. again major disappointment.. so my delving into LC baking has come to an end.

Back to things that can be successful.. LC Carbonara anyone that is on the menu tonight and I will be posting the recipe tomorrow.

2 件のコメント:

Harry/JP さんのコメント...

Baking can be tough to master. It's pretty hit and miss in my household (when I'm at the wheel).

I say ... take a break from baking but don't give up on it altogether. Your next shot at it may be the charm! :-)

I hope the LC Carbonara turned out well!

Low Carber さんのコメント...

hehe thanks Harry.. actually my computer died so I am at work posting this..so I will hopefully have the recipie for you to try by the weekend..